Positive Thinking: How It Helps Stop Negative Thoughts And Helps Reduce Stress
If you tend to be pessimistic when it comes to daily life, don’t worry you always have time to learn positive thinking skills. Learning how to control the way you view things, helps you with your health, attitude, and mental well-being.
Positive thinking often starts with self talk. Self talk is the endless stream of thoughts that run through our minds. Either the thoughts will be positive of negative. If the thoughts that run through your mind are mostly negative, then your outlook on life is more than likely pessimistic. Now on the other hand, if your thoughts are mostly positive, then your outlook on life is more than likely optimist.
Health Benefits Of Positive Thinking
Research has shown that the effects of positive thinking and optimism can lead to a healthier lifestyle. Here’s some health benefits of positive thinking:
- Lower rates of depression
- Increased life span
- Lower levels of distress
- Greater resistance to the common cold
- Better psychological and physical well-being
- Better cardiovascular health and reduced risk of death from cardiovascular disease
- Better coping skills during hardships and stressful times.
Positive Thinking Helps With Stress
Positive thinking helps with stress management and can even improve your health. Stress is a feeling of emotional or physical tension. It can come from any event or thought that makes you feel frustrated, angry or nervous. Stress is your body’s reaction to a challenge or demand.
Positive Thinking Helps With Your Approach
Positive thinking means that you approach a negative situation in a more positive and productive way.
Positive Thinking Helps You Better Self Evaluation Yourself
Periodically during the day, stop and evaluate what you’re thinking about. May sure that you keep your mind clear and away from junk thoughts. Make sure those in your life are positive, supportive people you can depend on to give helpful advice and feedback.
Positive Thinking Helps You Love Every Minute Of Life
Give yourself permission to smile or laugh, especially during difficult times. Difficult times can really be a hard mountain to climb up. That’s why it is extra important to smile and laugh with family and friends.
Dealing With Negative Thoughts
If a negative thought enters your mind, evaluate it rationally and respond with affirmations of what is good about you.
Here are a few examples of negative thoughts and how you can apply a positive thinking twist to them:
- Negative Thought: I’ve never done it before || Positive Thoughts: It’s an opportunity to learn something new
- Negative Thought: It’s too complicated || Positive Thoughts: I’ll tackle it from a different angle
- Negative Thought: I don’t have the resources || Positive Thoughts: Necessity is the mother of invention
- Negative Thought: I’m too lazy to get this done || Positive Thoughts: I wasn’t able to fit it into my schedule, but I can re-examine some priorities
- Negative Thought: There’s no way it will work || Positive Thoughts: I can try to make it work
- Negative Thought: I’m not going to get any better at this || Positive Thoughts: I’ll give it another try
Hopefully after reading this article you will understand why positive thinking is super important! Please feel free to share your experience in the comments below! Stay safe and God bless.