Overthinking can cause a lot of problems in your day-to-day life. Most people aren’t even aware that they are habitual overthinkers until they realize that nothing they start gets done.
Here are 7 signs that will let you know if you’re overthinking.
You Apologize Too Much
- You may find yourself apologizing for something that hasn’t even happen or for something that wasn’t even your fault.
You Second Guess Yourself A Lot More
- Overthinking can cause you to be more insecure when its time to make a decision. Think about the times you may have been working on something important and you started second guessing yourself. That’s exactly what overthinking does to the mind.
You Have Trouble Sleeping And Don’t Sleep Well
- You try to sleep but your brain just won’t turn off. You try to settle down, but you just can’t.
You Focus On How The World interprets you
- Focusing on what makes you happy should be your main focus, but overthinking leads to you worrying about how the world interprets you instead.
You Shy Away When You’re Really The Life Of The Part
- Even though you are an overthinker, you do know how to have fun. But, most of the time it usually requires some alocholic beverage to get your brain to stop thinking long enough to loosen up and have fun.
You Ask For Other People’s Opinion For Everything
- You know the outfit you have on looks good, but you still ask not one, but everyone you know if it does. You think that you need their opinion for validation, but you don’t. When you’re shopping you send pictures of everything you want to buy to a friends seeking their approval.
You Spend A Lot Of Time Thinking About Hidden Meanings In Things People Say
- You rehash conversations you had with people in your mind about what they said. You think about an event that just happened and try to figure out why it happened.
Overthinking can slow down even the most brilliant minds. It can cause people to miss out on their full potential in life. It can cause unnecessary stress and even lead to health problems.
The best way to deal with and beat overthinking is to first believe that everything is already set as to the way your path in life will look. Focus on being happy with nature, helping other people, and health, and you won’t feel the stress of the world, because you are what this world needs. Just continue to believe.