Marriage is a beautiful thing and should be taken very seriously. Marriage can make people happy or it can make people sad. That’s why it’s important to discuss these key topics with your partner before you decide to get married.
Here are five things to discuss before you decided to get married.
Where Do We Stand With Money
- Money is something that every marriage should consider talking about. Arguing about money can lead some marriages straight to divorce. Basically you have to come completely clean and on the same page as your spouse.
What Are Your Views On Religion
- It’s super important to make sure before you get married that you and your partner share the same views on religion. When both your faiths are aligned, so are your value systems. Tough times will arise and your faith will get you through it.
Do You Want To Have Children
- How do you feel about childcare?
- Seriously ask your partner if they really want to have children, and if so how many.
- How far do you want to space them apart?
- What values do you want to pass on to our children.
- How should we discipline the children?
What Boundaries Do We Want With Our In-Laws
- I know this isn’t the easiest thing to talk about before marriage, but it’s very important. You really need to find out what you’re getting yourself into with your in-laws.
- You want to honor your parents yet separate from them and become one as a couple. Make sure that you and your partner are on the same page when it comes to your in-laws.
How Are Your Personality Styles Different
- Do you share the same personality styles or different personality styles.
- Can your personality styles coexist or do they cause problems in your relationship.
When you ask these important questions to your partner before you get married, it can help you and them get a better understanding of on if marriage is something you both want.