5 Health Benefits Of Goji Berries
You’re probably asking yourself… what are goji berries? Right? Well, goji berries are a bright red edible berry widely cultivated in China. Goji berries are known to contain high levels of certain vitamins. These dried red berries have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for more than 2,000 years. Goji berries are also known as lycium barbarum. You can purchase them from your health food stores and online.
Protects The Eyes
- Goji berries are believed to protect the eyes against age-related eye diseases. Goji berries contain high levels of healthy antioxidants, that can help with your vision. These antioxidants can also stop damage from UV light, free radicals and oxidative stress.
Protects Against Cancer
- With the high levels of antioxidants, goji berries also include vitamin C, zeaxanthin, carotenoids, and are responsible for fighting cancer cells. The antioxidants in goji berries slow tumor growth, reduce inflammation, and help remove harmful substances from the body.
- Goji berries contain beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is an ingredient used in skin creams that improve skin health and reduce skin irritation. Bet-carotene is an essential plant phytochemical.
Prevents Liver Damage
- In traditional Chinese medicine, goji berries have been used to treat liver disease. Research on human liver cancer cells has also found the goji berry can inhibit tumor growth.
May Boost Energy Levels
- Consuming concentrated goji berry extract or juice has been linked to improved energy and feelings of overall well-being.
You can eat them by the handful as a snack or easily add fresh and dry goji berries to:
- Sweet sauces
- Trail mix
- Baked goods
Well, we hope you enjoy trying some goji berries and share your experience in the comments below! Stay safe and God bless.